By Savannah Boyd
One of my family’s favorite travel destinations is Marco Island, Florida. Marco Island has beautiful beaches, gorgeous resorts, is easy to travel to (no customs) and could be the perfect destination for your next event! These are the reasons my family and I love it so much.
Fun fact: Marco Island’s busy season is in the winter! However, we usually go during the summer and everything is still open.
- We have stayed at the JW Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa for 15 years. Within the resort there are great restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shops, and a gym. The pool area is beautiful, staff walks around handing out cold towels, live music, and lots of food options right next to the pool!
- There is a wide variety of lodging options in the area to best accommodate you and your guests.
New Convention Center
- During our last trip, Marriott was building a new, adults-only, hotel tower for meetings and events. It is oceanfront and overlooks the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico. It now has 3 ballrooms, 62 event rooms, 37 break rooms, and over 140,000 square feet of event space. The largest meeting space, the Calusa Ballroom, can accommodate over 3,000 guests!
- The 5th floor of the new tower is where 10K Alley is located. Guests can enjoy an upscale distillery experience, bowling, pool tables, and visual sport simulators.
- This site is perfect for business meetings, incentive trips for employees, and team building activities.
- Marco Island has an exceptional variety of food choices and an abundance of fresh seafood.
- Some of our favorite local restaurants are Mango’s Dockside Bistro, NeNe’s Kitchen, Dolphin Tiki Bar, Snook Inn, Gypsy Isle Café, and Capri Fish House.
- We always rent a car from the Fort Myer’s airport and it is a short 30-minute drive to where we stay and most other lodging sites.
- Free rides to restaurants: Restaurants partner with taxi companies and will pay your ride fee! To find out if a restaurant offers this, call ahead of time or ask the concierge.
- There are always some taxi’s waiting outside the resort or you can call the taxi company ahead of time to arrange a ride.
- Many places are walkable!
- Sunset Cruises
- We went on the Cool Beans catamaran for the Champagne Sunset cruise. It was a 2.5-hour boat ride, free beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks, and complimentary champagne at sunset! The staff was great!
- There are many sunset cruise and charter boat options to choose from!
- Golf Courses:
- The Rookery at Marco is located in shallow wetlands so it attracts many different species of birds and alligators. The course is 7,100 feet long and has the option of 5 different tee-off spots.
- Eagle Lakes Golf Club is a public course that offers a lot of value in their 18 holes and 6 sets of tees.
- Different excursions:
- Fishing Charters, Everglades Tours, and Cycling Tours